Compliments & Complaints
elleven didn’t become an award winning dentist by resting on past glories. We are constantly striving to improve ourselves and raise the bar even higher, so we aim to provide an exceptional service as well as groundbreaking treatments. Feedback is an essential part of this, so if you have suggestions about how we could improve, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
We take every complaint very seriously, and do our best to ensure that all of our patients are thoroughly satisfied with their experience. Our aim is to treat people in the way that we would want to be treated ourselves, which is why any complaint we receive is dealt with in a swift and courteous manner with every effort to resolve any problem without stress and hassle.
We appreciate any feedback our patients give us because it helps us to refine our high standards even further. On the rare occasion we make a mistake, we hold our hands up and make sure that we can learn from the experience and prevent it happening again. That’s why we employ a dedicated manager, Julia Tinkler. She makes sure that any complaints are dealt with according to the following principles.
- Any complaint that is made in person, be it via telephone or at the reception desk, will be immediately referred to the Complaints Manager. If she is not available, arrangements will be made for the patient to talk to her at the nearest possible time. Brief details of the complaint will be noted and passed on. In the event that a meeting cannot be arranged in a reasonable amount of time, or the patient does not wish to wait, the complaint can be passed on to another member of staff and a meeting arranged immediately.
- Any complaint that is made in writing or by email will be immediately passed on to the Complaints Manager and she will respond as soon as possible.
- If a complaint centres around clinical care or anything associated with it, it will be referred to a dentist, unless the patient would prefer it not to be.
- All complaints will be acknowledged in writing as soon as possible, normally within 72 hours.
- We strive to investigate all complaints within 10 working days. As part of this process, we will meet with the patient in an attempt to thoroughly investigate the unfortunate circumstances that led to their complaint. If the patient does not want to meet in person, a telephone conversation can be arranged. If a conclusion is not reached in this time period, we will notify the patient to inform them of the reasons for the delay and to give them an estimate of the amount of time remaining in the investigation
- Once a conclusion has been reached, the patient will be informed in writing immediately.
- Comprehensive details of any complaints are kept in our records.
If the results of our investigation are not satisfactory to the patient, they may file a complaint with the following independent bodies.
- The Dental Complaints Service, The Lansdowne Building, 2 Lansdowne Road, Croydon, Greater London CR9 2ER (Telephone: 08456 120 540) for complaints about private treatment
- The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ (Telephone: 0845 222 4141), the dentists’ regulatory body for complaints about professional misconduct.