Digital Smile Design
With cosmetic and restorative dentistry reaching a breathtaking momentum, Elleven Dental are delighted to be able to offer DSD (Digital Smile Design).
Misalignment, chipping, and misplacement are all issues that effect our smile.
DSD allows YOU to choose your smile and see the proposed solution and results before any work commences.
Thereafter, a sequence of appointments will deliver the result we promised and you desired.
Is DSD Right For Me?
The key issue here is understanding what we can do and what you COULD look like. DSD allows you to see this right away in a digital format, hi-res, clear and close-up, and thereafter we can further model the result to your requirement.
In your initial review, Elleven’s Clinical Director, Dr Sameer Patel, will spend time studying examples of our work showing shapes, sizes, colours, smiles and bite samples.
A smile is more than just your teeth, and facial shape, lip type and jaw alignment are all things that Dr Sameer will take into consideration when proposing your treatment plan and creating a smile that fits your face and, most importantly, your personality too.
As every plan is personalised and might use a combination of Orthodontics, Veneers, Bonding Dentistry and Whitening, great skill is needed to deliver the correct result. There may be several appointments, there may be periods of bracing required; what we DO guarantee is that the plan will deliver the smile YOU chose.
What is DSD or Digital Smile Design?
- Enhanced Digital Photography . You may have taught yourself to smile in a ‘guarded’ manner if you don’t like your smile. It is so important in life that you can express yourself without feeling self-conscious as studies have shown that there is a link between an unwillingness to smile and conditions like depression. We will put you at ease!! The beginning of designing your smile starts with great photos of you as you are now.
- Video Analysis. Studies have shown that lip movements in natural speech are very different to those in a posed smile. We often don’t see ourselves as others do so a short video clip helps us to see how your smile relates to your face in normal speech.
- Smile Design Analysis – we need as much input from you as you desire to give us. Designing changes to your smile we begin with the end in mind. We then combine that with how you are now, and all the wonders of modern dentistry to find a solution that works from an appearance point of view, as well as biology, health and function. This is then translated to our team of ceramists, dental technicians and specialists who can advise on all aspects as required and contribute to the blue-print of your smile.
- Test Drive – lets you (and us) preview how your final smile will be. Decisions can be made about tooth length, shape, colour etc
- Final preparation Design. The advantage of the Digital Smile Design is predicatability when it comes to the final result – whether we are using bonding, porcelain veneers, dental implants or other treatments.
- Predictable results – captured with photography and video – but this time you won’t stop smiling!